HOW IT WORKS
Results & Certificate
WHY USE THE GP SERVICE ?
A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is performed to detect genetic material from a specific organism. This works by detecting a genetic material called RNA. The test detects the presence of the COVID-19 virus in your body at the time of the test. The test could also detect fragments of virus even after you are no longer infected.
A fit to fly certificate is a medical certificate that is signed by a UK GMC Registered Doctor to confirm that you have had a test for Covid-19 that confirms you have tested negative for the virus at the time of testing.
The process is straightforward. Simply order one of our kits that will allow you to perform the test at home with the real-time help of our doctor via video. Your kit will come with a free unique consultation code that you can use with your kit to book a video consultation with a Doctor just before you travel, who will then take you through the test and confirm the result. The Doctor will be able to issue a certificate in real-time that will be available in your online account dashboard upon testing negative.
So, if you’re planning to travel abroad, order your home test kit in advance now and your code will be valid for up to one year allowing you to book the consultation with the doctor who will take you through the test online when ready.
Airlines have different policies for when you need a fit to fly certificate. We provide some links below to help you learn a bit more about this depending on the airline you are travelling with
- British Airways
- Wizz Air
You will find that our tests include the Day 2 and Day 8 Test. If you are travelling to the United Kingdom from any of the counties that are listed on Red or Amber you are required and must take the test on Day 2 and Day 8 as part of your 10 day quarantine period which is required by law.
It is required from the UK Government for patients to include the COVID Test number on the Passenger locator form. Further information can be found by going to https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk
If you are leaving the UK you will need a Fit to Fly Certificate (Negative Test).
If you are returning from a Green listed country you are required to undertake the Day 2 Test.
If the country you are travelling from is on either the Amber or Red List then you are required to carry out both the Day 2 and Day 8 Test.
If the country you are returning from is on the Amber list only then you are required to carry out the Test to Release
This is currently a legal requirement and must be undertaken.
We do NOT issue Fit to Fly certificates for other medical conditions that are listed below and may prevent you from flying and so it is important to seek relevant advice. We recommend see your GP or other medical healthcare in person.
- Infectious diseases such as the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) or influenza
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Pregnancy – airlines may not allow you to fly if you are 36 weeks pregnant or if you are carrying twins and are in your 32nd week of pregnancy even with a fit to fly certificate.
- Other illnesses (e.g. tonsillitis, chest infection)
- If you have had any recent Surgery or other medical operation.
Both tests are a PCR SARS-CoV-2 tests. The difference is that Test-to-Release reports all results back to Public Health England as part of the UK Government’s Test-to-Release scheme. This is managed and completed by the lab.
You can check for further current advice by the Government on the following link:
Ensure that you have valid travel insurance as it may have Corona Virus conditions.
Check if the destination of travel as requirements upon entry for any other screening or testing that may be required upon entry.
May sure that you stay up to date with any information and travel advice from and to your destination of travel.
By selecting to use our service, you agree to and understand he is following terms and Conditions:
- That our service is not suitable for anyone showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or any person that thinks they may have the COVID-19 virus. You must stay at home if you have any symptoms and follow UK government guidance.
- That the tests purchased are for persons aged 5 and above.
- That you have checked, if travelling, that the test being purchased is suitable for your travel requirements in accordance with government guidelines and the destination of travel.
- That whilst every effort will be made to ensure that results are available within the specified time frame, we cannot guarantee results will be received within 48 hours.
- That if your test result is inconclusive, we will provide you with a full refund but you will then need to book and pay for a new test if you wish for the test to be re-taken. We will not be held liable for any losses, costs, or damage that you suffer or incur because of any delays in receiving test results or because of any inconclusive tests.
- that our Testing Service is subject to laboratory testing capacity and stock availability.
- That it is a legal requirement that we as a provider of the service share all Covid-19 test results to the NHS Test and trace and Public Health England or other government body as may be required.
That your data is shared with the Test provider and Laboratory.
Yes. The service uses United Kingdom Accredited Service (UKAS) Government approved labs. The GP Service have partnered with ReCoVa-19 to offer the COVID-19 Testing Services. ReCOVA-19 offer a digital platform to manage the operation of the testing service.